GoDaddy and Network Solutions are 2 popular domain registrars, and both of them have been offering hosting service for a couple of years. In below, we have worked out a comprehensive comparison between the 2 companies’ Linux based shared hosting service to make clear whose service is more feature rich.
This comparison is based on our in-depth review on the price, features, reliability and performance of the hosting plans. In addition, we also have taken the technical support the web hosts offer into account. Moreover, we have browsed many real customer reviews to learn the customer satisfaction rate they enjoy. According to our editors’ close review and the information we collected, we have made the following table to show the ratings of some important factors.
Plans & Price
Providing multiple kinds of hosting services, GoDaddy is followed by millions of webmasters around the world. This company has released 3 Linux shared hosting solutions named as Economy, Deluxe and Ultimate and priced at $3.99/mo, $4.49/mo and $7.99/mo, which are over 40% off the regular prices. Note that the renewal prices are $6.99/mo, $8.99/mo and $14.99/mo respectively.
GoDaddy VS Network Solutions – PriceWhat’s more, the company offers 45 days full money back guarantee for customers who have purchased annual plans and 48 hours full refund for those who stay with monthly plans. In this way, both risk and worry are reduced. Besides, GoDaddy supports both credit cards and PayPal to ensure the purchase is convenient and secure.
Network Solutions has 3 Linux shared hosting solutions to enable their customers to choose the one they like best. These plans are called as Web Hosting, Professional Hosting and Professional Plus, starting at $9.96/mo, $15.78/mo and $21.62/mo at this point. Moreover, each of the packages comes with a free domain name and 30-day refund guarantee.
GoDaddy and Network Solutions both have some cheap plans, but these plans include very limited resources. To show you the evidence, we will compare them with an affordable plan from ASPHostPortal.com
GoDaddy claims that any people using the shared hosting service from this company is able to get at least 99.9% uptime to run websites smoothly and stably. Besides, they guarantee if they fail to maintain this service uptime in a particular month, they will credit 5% of customers’ monthly hosting fee. Moreover, the credit may be used only for the purchase of further products and services from them, and is exclusive of any applicable taxes.
This company utilizes multiple peerless data centers, in which they use high quality Dell servers, UPS and diesel generators. Thus, they can deliver solid 99.95% uptime.
On the other hand, Network Solutions promises 99.99% uptime for their Linux customers. To make clear whether the company has fulfilled this commitment, we stared to set up a monitoring system to monitor the uptime this company provides in practice. As a result, we found that, the real-time uptime of it is 99.96% on average.
In terms of hosting speed, according to our editors’ review, GoDaddy hosting service is slower than that of its competitor. We also have monitored the 2 companies’ server response speed for more than 3 months, and found that the server response time of Network Solutions is 589ms, and that of GoDaddy is 784ms. Read the chart below to learn GoDaddy server response speed.
GoDaddy VS Network Solutions – to help customers deal with issues, both companies has employed more than 200 experienced and professional support staffs to offer assistance through toll-free phone call and email. All the support representatives are on-site 24×7, so that they are able to provide instant and effective answer to customers.
However, neither offers live chat support that is recognized as the most convenient support method. Therefore, customers are not able to make use the phone support can’t get instant assistance, which may lead business damage.
Which Is More Feature Rich?
From the comparison above, it can be seen that GoDaddy’s hosting service is the more feature rich. Nevertheless, it is much slower than the average speed of shared web hosts’. Therefore, neither of the 2 companies is a good option to host small to medium sized business websites. These years, we have tried more than 100 Linux hosting providers, concluding that the following recommendations of the most feature-rich.
Why ASPHostPortal.com The Best & Cheap Hosting 2016?
The Windows web hosting are reviewed by following the main criterion as below besides the generic web hosting properties such as reliability, price, technical support etc.
- Windows OS: the best chooice for ASP.NET hosting is Windows 2008 certainly because only Windows 2008 integrates with IIS 7.0 which can better support ASP.NET technology like ASP.NET MVC.
- RAM: the configuration of max memory your websites can be allocated in the shared server. The configuration is not the more the better. Because in most cases, there are hundreds of accounts hosted with the same shared web server. The bigger maximum memory configuration also means the higher possibility that your resources may be stolen by other users. So the ideal configuration is between 32MB and 64MB per account.
- .NET Trust Level: it’s configured for each website by .NET infrastrcuture. If the web host doesn’t support fully trusted level, you should evaluate whether your websites can run successfully in non-full trusted mode.
- .NET Framework Versions: you can know the exact .NET Framework versions supported of the web hosts in the following table. But in fact the more verions are supported, the more flexiability you have for your websites.
- SQL Server Verion: you should pay more attention on SQL Server versions but not edition. The most SQL server in the windows/asp.net web hosting is Express edition. But it’s completely enough for websites having unique IPs less than 5000 per day. Bestcheaphostingasp.net uses MS SQL Server 2008 Express Edition and now has over 500 unique visits daily.
- Control Panel: Plesk is the best reliable control panel for ASP.NET web hosting, meanwhile WebsitePanel is the best visual and easy-to-use control panel here. Both these two control panel are recommended from our perspective.