Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments. You can download the software onto your own web server or ask one of our knowledgeable Moodle Partners to assist you.
Moodle is built by the Moodle project which is led and coordinated by Moodle HQ, an Australian company of 30 developers which is financially supported by a network of over 60 Moodle Partner service companies worldwide.
The focus of the Moodle project is always on giving educators the best tools to manage and promote learning, but there are many ways to use Moodle:
- Moodle has features that allow it to scale to very large deployments and hundreds of thousands of students, yet it can also be used for a primary school or an education hobbyist.
- Many institutions use it as their platform to conduct fully online courses, while some use it simply to augment face-to-face courses (known as blended learning).
- Many of our users love to use the activity modules (such as forums, databases and wikis) to build richly collaborative communities of learning around their subject matter (in the social constructionist tradition), while others prefer to use Moodle as a way to deliver content to students (such as standard SCORM packages) and assess learning using assignments or quizzes.
What’s New on Moodle 3.1.2
Moodle 3.1.2 has released with some changes and improvements, including:
- Changing grading category aggregation method no longer results in unexpected “Extra credit” items
- Enrolment expiration dates are now respected in meta course enrolments
- Course/Category themes are respected when viewing website on tablets or mobile devices
- Forms such as “Create new group” are no longer populated with passwords and usernames by the browsers
- Single view now requires capability moodle/grade:edit and not moodle/grade:manage
- Forum’s subscribers list shows participants with no access to forum
- Atto autosave restore is disabled if the content is modified by somebody else
- Possible to specify icon URL for a named external tool
- Allow to use ruby tags
- Students can re-attempt answering questions in the lesson
- Users can delete files uploaded by other users in wiki
- Meta course synchronisation enrols suspended students as managers for a short period of time
- Vulnerability in password recovery mechanism
- Rating component does not check separate groups
- XSS in grouping description
- Fixed “Only lowercase letters allowed” error on deleting users with empty email
- Uploading feedback from CSV no longer overrides local assigned grades
- Main menu block no longer throws error if there is a resource to be opened in a new window
- Date picker correctly displays names for week days in all locales
- Recent activity block no longer shows student name when assignment blind marking is on
- Assignment PDF Pen annotations are always visible even if there are draft pen annotations
- Corrected error message text about expired sessions when clicking on AJAX elements such as expanding admin menu
- Fixed error when using HTML tags inside wiki headers
- Optimised database query for Course Participation report
- Posting in a forum does not unnecessarily require capability ‘mod/forum:movediscussions’
- Improve question bank “questions per page” string behaviour
Moodle runs on any platforms that support PHP and a MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL database. Users can setup Moodle from source but it requires much technical proficiency than some automated ways like installation from Debian package or Bitnami installer. Some web hosting providers offers professional, best & cheap Moodle hosting plans which allows educators to create online courses without installation, server based knowledge and complex configuration. Even some providers provide Moodle addon services like customization and content development. Choose a Best & Cheap Moodle hosting can definitely save your time and put your energy on the business and education more.
Recommendation Best & Cheap Moodle 3.1.2 Hosting
In below, we have worked out a comprehensive review to explain why the 2 companies are the winners in detail. In addition, we have developed the following table, designed to help our readers know the main features integrated with the shared hosting plans provided by the web hosts.
Reason to Choose Best & Cheap Moodle 3.1.2 Hosting
Best and Cheap Moodle 3.1.2 Hosting – ASPHostPortal.com
ASPHostPortal.com keeps releasing various hosting services to meet the needs of different websites. ASPHostPortal.com provide best cheap Moodle 3.1.2 hosting support with Fast Setup and Comprehensive range of options.
Best and Cheap Moodle 3.1.2 Hosting – HostForLIFE.eu
HostForLIFE.eu is the most popular choice for people looking to host for the first time at an affordable price in Europe. HostForLIFE.eu provides excellent customer support, unlimited bandwidth and disk space which are sure to be high on many people’s priority list in searching of the best and cheap Moodle 3.1.2 hosting. HostForLIFE.eu is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Hosting in European Continent. Their service is ranked the highest top #1 spot in several European countries, such as: Germany, Italy, Netherlands, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and many top European countries.